Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Momma Warrior

I am in the process of reading Jenny McCarthy's new book, "Mother Warriors". It is exactly what I need. I read her 1st book, "Louder Than Words" awhile ago, which is her story about her little boy and autism. It was good, gave me alot of ideas, most of which I put in the back of my mind and have sat on. This new book has inspired me. It has many mother's and one father's story on how they healed their child from Autism. This is now my goal. I will stop convincing myself that he isn't autistic and deal with the problem. I will not shy away from the label, I will work my butt off to remove it from him. Kids are healed from Autism. It is possible. It will happen to Wyatt. I will make sure of it. I have not always been the best at following through with things, probably why I haven't started any of the suggestions in the other book yet. I haven't been ready to commit. Once you commit, especially to your child, there is no going back. It is full throttle ahead at all costs. This is my mission. I want to be educated and organized on how to do this. There is so many Biomedical things that can be done to heal autism, it is a little overwhelming. I am so blessed to have a great team of people to help me accomplish this. His therapists, his pre-school, my family and friends. It takes a villiage to raise a child, it takes a villiage to heal a child. I started a new email address strictly focused on autism, healing autism and Wyatt. If anyone comes across any interesting news, articles, tv shows, ect, please forward this information to my new email address: mommawarrior@yahoo.ca
I feel like I am coming out of hiding, embracing this challenge, accepting the diagnosis, but changing the outcome. It is going to get better, Wyatt will be better, my family will heal.

xoxoJax

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U do sound like a "Warrior mama" !!! More like "Supermom". Just remember while on this MISSION...to breath and take time for YOURSELF. This is VERY important. It will keep "THE SANITY". Love ya, Terry xo

Amber said...

Well since it takes a village, I say we all go out and buy the book and become a village of warriors!